[Sussex] Newbie Alert

Al Bennett al at plasticfish.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 19:20:19 UTC 2003

Evening All

Well, I can't believe I've stumbled on a LUG and that it's more or less on
my doorstep!

Anyway a bit about me, I'm Al from Broadbridge Heath, I'm 20 and I'm sort of
a programmer...  I say sort of because I have M.E. which gets in the way of
things like real work.  I'm currently doing web development type work from
home, mostly using Perl (and of course HTML) and a bit of PHP (which I'm not
keen on but that's a different story!).

I guess it would be sensible to mention my Linux experience here: I've been
using Red Hat since about 5.0(ish) for Perl development using Apache etc.
I'm currently halfway through migrating the whole hog, only 1 PC in 3 (as
you'll notice from the X-Mailer!) still trapped in proprietary hell, getting
there!  I'm currently using Redhat 8 (which is a waste of time) and Mandrake
9.1 which is better.

Right, that'll do for now.

Al