[Sussex] ME Sufferers

Angelo Servini Angelo.Servini at claybrook.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 09:59:36 UTC 2003

Hi Geoff, Hi Al

Im sorry to hear that your wife and Al respectively suffer from this.

Tho I have never suffered from ME.  I have seen its effects first hand.
About 15 years ago a friend of mine / Partner in a little enterprise called
Gorseinon Computing Ltd (I had a full time job and then programmed literally
throughout the night).  He subseqently came down with this curse of an
illness.  It was probably the pressure of working really stupid hours and
deadlines trying to make the business work that triggered his episode -
which still has not fully gone away, if it ever will.  He spent the
following two years bed-bound only able to walk 20-100 yards before
collapsing.  Doctors reccomended he see a Psychiatrist as they could not
detect that anything was wrong with him.  Also, the Benefits Office would
gave him grief until he admitted that he was suffering from "depression" -
all because a couple of Psychologists in America branded the condition as
mere delusion (all from their bloody armchairs - that is why I have such a
low opinion of the discipline).

BTW.  He STILL works 20 hours a day.  I shake my head in disbelief.  Lots of
exclamation marks are in order!!!!!

--
Angelo Servini
Programmer/Analyst
* angelo.servini at claybrook.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company