[Sussex] Newbie Alert [OT]

Al Bennett al at plasticfish.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 17:38:34 UTC 2003

Hello

It is very difficult to explain ME to people that haven't had experience of
it, especially why I'm worse after a night's sleep than before I went to bed
and why I can do some things (but pay for it later) and not others.

Interestingly, there was a discussion on the Message Board of one of the ME
charities (ayme.org.uk) which I help to run about how to answer the question
'how are you'.  Suggested answers range from 'fine thanks', 'crap', my
personal favourite being SNAFU (probably best not to put on a Young People's
site!).

Everyone knows a horror story (Angelo), at least with some new funding from
the DOH and a bit more recognition things are looking a little brighter!

I'm dissapointed about the lack of beards, clearly another unfounded
sterotype (ahem: Alan Cox?!)

After a happy few hours with RFCs I found the 'feature' in the HTML specs
that's giving me trouble, consistency obviously not high on the priority
list for them!

Also, welcome Richard, as you know I'm new so I don't have much to say here,
hope to see you at the Moot!  I also found the lug archives by googling,
can't remember what I was looking for now but it's handy to have it in the
google cache, useful stuff in there!

Al