[Sussex] Hello from an new list member - a bit about me

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Mon Oct 13 15:38:02 UTC 2003

> Actually, I'm not sure exactly what it is, I think it may be Washington
> University IMAP. Created by the same team who write pine, the mail client.
>
> I've heard good things about Courier IMAP, though I've never had any
> reason to switch from the IMAP daemon which I use. Same as my MTA of
> choice really. Sendmail has always been stable, reliable and given me
> every feature I need (It doesn't receive large volumes of mail however), I
> think some people exadurate how often a hole is found in it.

The reason I chose Courier-IMAP was because the documentation looked the
easiest to follow and, indeed it was very easy to get working.  The main
given benefit however is its ability to run over NFS shares, which is
supposed to help it scale well - roll on the day when this is my biggest
worry.

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited