[Sussex] Hello from an new list member - a bit about me

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Mon Oct 13 15:44:23 UTC 2003

> I too had a massive uphill struggle with Linux(Suse,Redhat) for the last
> 2/3
> years but my eyes have just been opened by Knoppix.
>
> You seem to have found success in Gentoo. Could you tell me how it
> compares
> to Knoppix?
> Is it even easier ? If so I'm happy to defect again !

If Knoppix is a boot and run from the CD distro, as people are saying,
then Gentoo may not be your best choice for simplicity at the moment.
Gentoo is really good at a number of things, but you do have to get your
head under the bonnet to see how it all works - which is actually one of
the best things about it.

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited