[Sussex] gentoo

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 13:24:33 UTC 2003

> Hooray!
>
> :-)
>
> I got my gentoo 1.4 disks from YourLinux.com
> Not bad delivery time (fair to middling) - could have been better.  It
took
> a week. :-|
>
> Now, this weekend I can begin installation - next comes my being a
pain in
> the ass (ve is asking ze questions), as I learn to ride the beast!
>
> Hopefully this should help me understand Linux better, or I will end
up a
> total maniac gibbering "su..su...su.." "glibc..." "man
> page...Xfree..ahahhheeehaaheehaaa...!!!!" I will prob wear a white
mask to
> hide my horribly disfigured face.  And frequent dark damp caverns
filled
> with tortuous conglomerations of wires, hubs, rooters ..... arrgh! its
I can
> feel it happening already (hair+teeth "su-" growing
everywhere).....help!
> man page.

First thing good luck not that you will need it, I installed Gentoo for
the
first time last week. My only comment on it is follow the Gentoo
instructions
that are on the Gentoo site, that's all I did ok I needed more
instructions
for setting up other software but it was really that simple.

HF.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.