[Sussex] 2.6 help...

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Fri Oct 24 14:50:44 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 10:58, Geoff Teale wrote:
> Did you run lilo to update it before you rebooted ?

OK,

an update:

lilo.conf has been updated to point at the correct map.
/usr/src/linux is pointing at the 2.6 directory
I have compiled and installed the new kernel
I have run lilo

My machine boots up incredibly fast (about 20secs), but `uname -r` still
says I'm running on a 2.4 kernel.

I have not had to recompile my Nvidia stuff inorder for my graphics card
to work (something I understand should have to be done)

So I'm now stuck... any ideas?

Matt
--
|Matthew Macdonald-Wallace         |