[Sussex] The LUG Moot

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 12:37:22 UTC 2003

> OK,
>
> I'd like to talk a little bit about the LUG meets.  We seem to have
> fallen into a social meet routine, which is great, but I've been
looking
> at what other LUGS do.  What we've been doing at the moots is what
most
> LUGs do _after_ they have had the meeting.
>
> What we used to have was an environment where people could bring
laptops
> and discuss problems with each other, and this to me seems to be at
the
> core of what the LUG should be about.
>
> There's a lot of knowledge in this LUG and a lot of people who want
> access to it.  The list is great, but I think the meet fails in this
> regard in it's current form.
>
> Any thoughts about making this happen again?  I for one would be up
for
> buying a second hand laptop and being involved.

I would have to agree with you the meeting have been leaning towards a
more social gathering of like minded fellows, rather then a gathering to
help each other.

I for one would like to see some interesting things to do with desktop
setup and software usage of a more graphical nature.

Although I cant really afford a cheap laptop at the moment I would like
to get one in a few months time to have a play on at the lug meetings
and also as a have it used for demonstration.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.