[Sussex] Moot

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Fri Oct 31 15:31:40 UTC 2003

Hey there

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 15:26, Ed Scull wrote:
> G'day,
>     Thanks for not taking the p*** out of the parrot lookin newbie(the
> one with silly spiky hair)!

Personally I thought it was very cool hair ;)

> After listening to some conversations last night I'm thinking that I
> made the wrong move using Redhat. I have on disk Peanut 9.1, Gentoo 1.4,
> Slackware 8.1, Suse 8.1 and  Lindows 4. I'm thinking Suse would be a
> good move but not sure. I'm going to install a couple over the w'end.
> Wish me luck!

Good luck.  I suggest you don't start with Gentoo, it is by far the most
kick-ass distro out there, but it would take you a whole weekend to get
it to the point where most distro are at after a half hour install. If
you like SuSE I have the latest release (9.0) here and I'll happily burn
copies.

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com
--
modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness.