[Sussex] War Pubbing... :)

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Fri Oct 31 16:39:38 UTC 2003

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
| On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 15:37, Gareth Ablett wrote:
|
|>I've had a think about this and I work out one major floor (or bonus
|>point depending which way you look at it), if you have a pint in every
|>pub you go into (it's the rules so don't argue) I can see myself having
|>a problem between the 10th and 20th pub somewhere.
|>
|>Although it would be a blast to experiment, but if it was compared to
|>war driving I've seen people come back with over 50 IP's before.
|>

| I've just been browsing around on consume.net and there's a few public
| nodes in the horsham area, fairly sure Jon's got something to do with at
| least 3 of the four! ;) (Nice description of the view btw...)

:)

B52s - One my company setup/configured for B52s
GeekPeople.net - My personal home node
Wired4Life - Nik's Node (MD of 3a IT, and it was the existance of my
node as Nik was adding his that got me a job :D)
The other one - Some random guy in Horsham

| There's also one in maidenbower, but I can't get line of sight on it
| from my house, even though I'm probably less than a mile away.

That'll be Mr Harrison's then. He's on the list too... didn't have
anything (iirc) to do with setting that one up... or did I?

| as Isaid, I managed to find an encrypted node walking around town
| earlier, but my card crashed out, freezing X, so I might have to do a
| static assign to prevent the card from disapearing when it gives itself
| the 127.0.0.1 addy.

Eek :|

Best thing to do is to kill all the DHCP stuff, and make sure nothing
else is gonna grab the card.

| Am also planning on making slight alterations to my bag to it will
| accomodate my arial better, looks far less conspicuous walking around
| with a bag on your shoulder than swinging a laptop through the air every
| 10 paces... ;)

LOL! I think all war[drivers|walkers] have done that ;)

Maybe get a little external omni for a tenner from Solwise?
(http://www.solwise.co.uk/) They work really well, and could quite
happily sit either on your head, or on the top of a rucksack/lappy bag :)

Jon