[sub] [Sussex] where to get laptop without M$

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Mon Apr 26 08:40:38 UTC 2004

Paul Turner wrote:
> Novatech sell laptops with out any OS: http://www.novatech.co.uk
>
> I've never used any of their stuff so I can't comment on the build quality,
> reliability, etc..

I've not used them recently, but that's because the last time I used
them their kit was so appaulingly bad, that I'd never go back. They're
based in Cosham, just down the road from where I used to live, so were
my 'local' cheap parts supplier, along with another company called
msquared (now gone bust).

Give them a go by all means, just don't expect it to be great quality kit.

If you're after cheap hardware, see www.refreshcomputers.com - run by
the ex-staff of Msquared. They're generally OK, but i'd reccomend going
to the store rather than ordering online, if possible.

Jon