[Sussex] Fair's idea's

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 13:50:28 UTC 2004

 From: Steve Dobson [mailto:steve at dobson.org]
 Subject: Re: [Sussex] Fair's idea's

> All
>
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 12:17:42PM -0000, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Documentation CD (maybe it wont be purchased as much as the other
cd's
> > but when you are burning all the cds anyway extra services cant
harm)

> I don't see a need at all for this.  What documentation would you
want.
> Knoppix has got the docs for what is installed, at least the man
pages.

Maybe your right then does knoppix have a complete newbies guide to
linux in?

> > I like the idea of a Free Software CD for windows even though many
will
> > be able to download there own these days.
>
> Yes, so do I.  But do we put our own together or use the Live CD?

I'd be tempted with the Live CD but would have to try it first, but it
does seem to have a lot of stuff on there including free games.

> > Ps. my new years resolution will be to help with the lug more as
I've
> > let some of my duties drop.
>
> Do you keep them?  I always do, but then I have a simple resolution
> each year.  "I will only have one New Year's reolution!" :-)
>
> I have just put a sample of the new look CD Label up on the website.
> Take a look at http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/cd-label.ps and tell me
> what you think.

Well my last years resolution was a hard one and I did that.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.