[Sussex] Finally got Gentoo working :o)

Dominic Humphries linux at oneandoneis2.com
Tue Dec 14 19:47:12 UTC 2004

Quoting Stephen Williams <sdp.williams at btinternet.com>:

> > Firstly, fonts are displaying really small in a few places - here and there
> in
> > web pages in Firefox, on GKrellM, etc. Is there someplace in X's config
> that
> > says "When in doubt, use THIS font", and Slack uses a bigger one than other
> > distros, or what?
>
> For gtk based apps, emerge:
>
> emerge gtk-theme-switch
>
> Then run:
>
> switch 2

Tried it, but it didn't correct the fonts I was after.

I found the solution tho - had to put a line in the userContent.css file telling
it to use a bigger font.

And I've been wondering how to change that annoying default grey GTK colour for
ages, so switch2 was very handy, just for a different problem :o)

Cheers!