[Sussex] Gentoo - Boot dialogue errors.

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sun Dec 19 23:36:35 UTC 2004

John,

I haven't been following this thread, so I might be off base, but just
looking at your messages it seems like you're trying to start a load of
things at boot time that you don't have installed, for example:

slurpd - This is the replication service for OpenLDAP databases
slapd - This is the OpenLDAP database server itself

Did you install either of those?  I can't imagine what would have set
them up to run at boot time without some human intervention, have you
been running rc-update or hacking around in /etc/rc.conf, or have you
copied someone else's configuration files from the web?

As for the shutting down errors, it will try to shut down everything it
tries to start up, so you should see a matching set on the way down.
The good news is that this stuff shouldn't really be a problem, just a
slight annoyance.

--
Geoffrey Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation