[Sussex] Much hilarity involved

Nicholas Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Tue Dec 21 14:52:11 UTC 2004

According to Dell, the price they quoted me is the price they get it
from Microsoft. Which when you consider it, is actually very cheap for a
<heavy sarcastic quotes>Complete win2k </heavy sarcastic  quotes>
environment for a user to play with. Since I dont have to upgrade the
whole site and can "transition" the client from old desktops to new
through a server I can still save the client a lot of money on a desktop
upgrade without replacing a single desktop. Overall the Client spends a
little under 2k for a 10 desktop upgrade. It was actually cheaper than
crossover to deliver. sigh. Off Course it helps that they like
OpenOffice, Thunderbird and Firefox and that the remaining applications
are browser based.