[Sussex] Mounting floppy with vfat

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Wed Feb 4 23:59:43 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I need to be able to mount my FD with vfat so that I can save a spreadsheet
& my partner can then load it onto a Window$ machine.

My /etc/fstab currently looks pretty standard & makes no mention of vfat at
all. Attempts to mount the FD with vfat resulted in me being barked at for
various reasons, including the fact that vfat isn't mentioned in fstab.

Obviously I need to add vfat as an option in fstab, but I'm in complete
dunce mode as to where any reference to vfat should go (presumably on the
line relating to /floppy?).

Will there be any other changes I need to make in order to achieve this?

I'm using Debian 2.2r4.

Any help appreciated,

Gavin.