[Sussex] Mounting floppy with vfat

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Feb 6 23:55:47 UTC 2004

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the info. I checked everything through & it looked fine apart
from the fat module not being in /etc/modules; vfat was already there.

I tried a fresh, pre-formatted (DOS, I presume) floppy, mounted the drive &
saved the files I needed. They loaded perfectly into my partner's Win98
machine. I didn't add "-t vfat" when I mounted the floppy as it was still
moaning about "only root can do that". Whatever, mission accomplished &
many thanks for your help.

Gavin.