[Sussex] Wow

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Fri Feb 13 13:39:38 UTC 2004

Mark,

No case.  The person sending the e-mail is not empowered to make
contracts for the proposed payee therefore the invitation to treat is
invalid and there cannot be a valid offer or acceptance.  There is no
contract and thus beryl has no course of action against anyone, except
to sue for damages caused by any loss to her as a result of the e-mail.

This is the equivalent of me telling you that if where a pink tu-tu you
can go to Curry's and buy a half-price fridge.  You have no course of
action against Curry's, but you could sue me for making you look a fool.

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com

Tomorrow, this will be part of the unchangeable past but fortunately,
it can still be changed today.