[Sussex] Meeting Venue.

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Feb 19 15:31:49 UTC 2004

Angelo

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 03:17:58PM -0000, Angelo Servini wrote:
> Just a thought mates: As an alternative -
>
> I am a member of Handcross Social.  The club has an upper room (ballroom
> size) we could use.  I dont think we would have to pay anything for the
> room. If we do, it probably wont be much.  I will ask them if you think its
> a good idea.

This sounds fine.  This is just the type of venue that is needed for a
"formal" meeting which is what a number of people want (myself being one
of them), at least every so often.

> They will provide food if we tell them beforehand, beer is relatively cheap.

As far as I'm concerened I can grab a take-away from somewhere - if there
is one near by and they don't mind.

> My local C of E church has a PC projector screen we could use and I could
> bring it along if necessary

Better and better.

>                             (Naturally I will have to ask first if they are
> willing).

Ask, Ask!!!!

They can only say no, or we could decided that we would rather go to a
pub, but I, for one, like the idea.

>            As I live only a few yards down the road I can bring my PC too.

Useful

> This probably will fullfil some of our requirements.  Low noise, child
> friendly, beer and food.  Getting there is probably the greatest hurdle, but
> Im sure its achievable if people car-share.

Having a few "drivers" meet up in the Black Jug - It's closer to the
train station and then bus them over to the club is not a problem for
me.  Of course there would have to be cut of times and mobile phone
number exchanged where possible to make this eaiser.

> What do you think?

See above.