[Sussex] Possible GOOD meeting venue...

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Feb 19 22:34:06 UTC 2004

Jon

Jon - check the system time on this system - it appears to about one
hour fast.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:13:52PM +0000, Jon Fautley wrote:
> Not that I'm saying that B52s isn't good... and I know this is sort of
> 11th-hourish... but...

Well that is sort of SOP for this group :-)

> Anyone here know 'The Holbrook Club' in Horsham? Used to be the Royal and
> Sun Alliance Social Club... well..

No

> They've got wireless, and power, and beer (as in ale, none of this modern
> pish places like bar vin sell) and nibbles/meals on request...

That sounds good.

> Will need to find out costs, but the roumer goes that it might be free...
> :)

That would be a even better

> If not for this month, then maybe next? Although I think it'd be good for
> this month too.. and there's a most EXCELLENT chineese takeaway just 30s
> walk from there... and my house is only 2m walk, so i can get trashed and
> stagger home :)

Sounds just the ticket.  How central are they?  i.e. how close to the
train station.

Please find out a bit more.  But if it has bear (as in ale), a Chinese
take-away close and WiFi (ordered by importance :-) then it sounds
perfect.