[Sussex] segmentation fault on boot with kernel 2.4.22-gentoo-r7

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Wed Feb 25 08:04:12 UTC 2004

> Thanks to both of you.  I wasn't going to attempt a 2.95 compilation
> anyway.  There has to be a simpler answer, compiling a 2.4.20-gentoo-r7
> kernel with gcc 3.3.2-r5 works fine so it must be something in the kernel
> code, I guess.

Yes, it's a problem with Ext2/3 Extended Attributes on that version.

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited
http://www.gigaday.com
tony at gigaday.com

"A tax cut is really one of the anecdotes to coming out of an economic illness."

George W. Bush
September 18, 2000
Spoken while a guest on the CBS show "The Edge With Paula Zahn".