[Sussex] Happy New Year!

tealeg at tealeg.uklinux.net tealeg at tealeg.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 1 00:56:45 UTC 2004

Gavin wrote:
------------

>2: To show others who may be interested that Linux is not difficult to
>use. Also to show that Linux is not some alien OS from the planet Zog,
>but would actually be not too terrible for a Window$ user to use if
>they could bear to type in a command to access the web & get e-mails &
>type in another command to shut the computer down.

Seriously, if you use something later than Debian 2.2 (which is technology some  3 or  4 years old now?) you'd see that none of those command line things are required.  Advise newbies to use RedHat 9, SuSE 9, whatever the latest Mandrake is, Xandros 2, or Desktop LX - they are all trivial to setup and use.

My sister (the least computer literate person I have ever met) finds SuSE 9 a much better OS to use than Windows 2000.

--
GJ Teale
mailto : tealeg at member.fsf
http   : www.tealeg.uklinux.net