[Sussex] Re: I hate gnome :P

John D big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jan 21 20:44:04 UTC 2004

Tony Austin wrote:

#mkisofs -o cdname.iso -R -J sourcedir
#cdrecord -scanbus
#cdrecord -v dev=0,1,0 cdname.iso

One of the smaller problems is that I must be that stupid, I can't suss
out how to print the man pages, and I haven't got much of a clue how I
should interpret the commands I've quoted above Tony i.e. which bit's I
change for what?

Also, is there anything that I'd need to do in respect of configuration,
so cdrecord know's that my burner is probably /dev/hdc or possibly
/dev/scd0 ?

As for using ICEwm, I think that was what I ended up with when I first,
but I found it a little on the bland side. Functional, yes, but
definitely bland. I suspect that I will always have a "windows
mentality", and if I've got the system resources, then by god, I'll
abuse them :)

I mean, I am sort of getting into gnome, but to paraphrase my outlaws
(of North Western origin), "It's like pullin teeth"!

regards

John D.