[Sussex] KDE Crashing

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Wed Jan 21 22:57:36 UTC 2004

> Thanks for the response, will that command make it log by default or do
> I need to do that every time I start it?

It logs by default to the window you start X from, but redirecting the
output to a file will give you a more hardcopy version of the output.

You could write a simple script to do it like the one below (between the
cut lines), save this in your home directory as xlogger (for example) and
chmod 755 xlogger. Simply type ./xlogger to run X and log the output to
X.out and X.err:

#!/bin/sh

# Append the date to our file in /tmp
date >>/tmp/X.out