[Sussex] point for info on exim4

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Thu Jul 15 06:22:53 UTC 2004

Debian source package?

AFAIK all the file you'll need are at:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/source/exim

You can recompile the source used in the package and recreate it as a
new version of the package.

Stop me if I'm telling you what you already know....

You can always get the original source used to build package. You'll
need to the get the original upstream tarball from the debian server
plus the *.dsc, and the *.diff.tar.gz for the package version you want
to edit.  You'll end up using:

dpkg-source -x

... how you use it depends on what type of package you're working on.
I'm fairly sure that exim requires you to use -x.

That should get you to the point where you have the source of the debian
package. unzipped and ready to work on.  What you do from there on is up
to you - I suggest reading the debian packing guides if you've not done
this before - it isn't always easy.

--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology / Free Software Foundation