[Sussex] Just a bit of news

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 21 13:17:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 10:00, Mike Diack wrote:
> Hi Angelo - so does your router connect as per an Ethernet card i.e. into a
> PCI slot.
> If so, it sounds like the business. Which make/model is it?
> Cheers
> Mike

Mike,

Just to give a second vote to Angelo's suggestion, I use the earlier
version which is a Solwise SAR110. It's connected to the pc via an
ethernet pci card (about a tenner at pcworld - actually a netgear card).

Not only do I think that the router/modem is brilliant, but Solwise were
mega helpful when I first got it - i.e. they talked me through it over
the phone. Plus they have got their own forum's if you'd need to know
more of the pro's and con's.

The only downside was that my SAR110, being one of the earlier model's,
only has a single port, so I had to get a hub after I started picking up
some more networked equipment.

regards

John D.