[Sussex] Revamping the SLUG Website

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 10:32:22 UTC 2004

Steve

> Today I've been playing with PHP (learning it) and have designed a new
> look for the SLUG website.  I'm not posting this up to anywhere that
can
> be seen, but though I would unveil it this Thursday to those that show
> up.

This should be interesting :D.
If you need any help just ask.

> I'm therefore looking for two bits of information from each and
everyone
> one this list (not that I expect all the lurkers to unlurk).
>
> Can you submit two bits of information:
>
> 1). A brief descriptions of yourself for the "Members" page.

I was a student in the late 90's and then became a web design and
developer, since then I have done work in pretty much the same area but
lately have got more into the general IT role and have done plenty with
databases. I've used Linux mainly in a server role for a good few years
now but have only in the last year or 2 used it for a desktop
environment. One of my main uses of computers is development and have
dabbled in many languages before but sticking with C++ and PHP
(XHTML,CSS and the like)

> 2). A brief description of the distribution (or distributions) that
> you use for the distro page.

I have used all sorts of Distros in the past including Slackware, Suse,
Mandrake, Turbo, Redhat, Fedora, Lindows, Debian and Gentoo. Currently I
Tend towards Debian and Gentoo but I'm waiting for the support of AMD64
in Debian to become more stable.

> P.S.
>
> Gareth: Could you give me access to the website so I can roll this out
> if it meets general approval on Thursday?

I'll email you these tonight.