[Sussex] Hi

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 16:18:18 UTC 2004

XMLtv is, well, full of interesting and exciting bugs (particularly on
Wndows) :-)

Nonetheless, unless you want to pay a monthly subscription, it's still the
best game in town.

The lists-in-web-pages brigade all have fairly strong anti-scraping
policies, and regularly change subtle things in their presentation so you
can't reliably scrape any metadata.

The combination of XMLtv and MythTV still, really, isn't as good as TiVo,
which adds collaborative filtering (which, by definition, isn't going to be
possible without and explicit opt-in in a product like MythTV...)

M.