[Sussex] Semi useless info

Simon Chappell s.chappell at isnsuk.com
Mon Jun 7 08:58:15 UTC 2004

Morning all.

Just had a message from an IT manager of a company that I support.
We have a log folder that records all emails sent from the mail server,
he normally clears it out daily but has been on holiday for a week.
Went to do it today and had to move 50,646 emails out of the log folder.
I am sure there are busier servers out there but it seemed pretty cool
considering the amount of users (About 400) and the spec of the server
(Dual P3-800 1gig ram) also runs Imap,Mysql,IRM,apache,Horde,(most users
use webmail),spamassasin,clamav,Mailman and some other company bits Id
say that is not bad(Like to see M$ Exchange cope with that -- on the
same HW)...

Simon