[Sussex] Ok the gauntlets on the floor!

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Thu Jun 10 19:51:48 UTC 2004

John,

Whether Microsoft do use BSD IP or not is neither here nor there - they
have publically stated a preference for the BSD and MIT licenses over
GPL.  This may have a lot to do with the GPL being a corner stone of the
only technology group to seriously threaten Microsofts monopoloy since
the early days of OS/2.

For the record more than one commercial UNIX and several embedded OS's
make no secret of their use of the BSD TCP/IP stack.  Linux does not.

--
Geoff Teale