[Sussex] Scary PC fry-up

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Mon Jun 28 12:44:04 UTC 2004

Sorry to hear that Angelo,

.. you can't let these women get on top of you... .er.. well..
actually.  I think I'll leave that topic alone..

Rest assured though, the only people who need worry about more and more
CPU time are people doing very complex visulisation or very large data
processing tasks.  Oh.. and Gentoo users.. ;-)  ...and of course C and
C++ developers (I have a project that takes over an hour to compile on
my dual Xeon :-(  ).

I saw one company (Penguin Computing) advertising AMD 64 machines as
being particular good at starting emacs quickly.  _ would suggest that
using emacs -nw -q (and having a sensible .emacs file) would garner a
better response.    Some people would suggest using vi - but they are
foul and deformed with extra fingers fused to their keyboard for hitting
ESC and Colon.  Normal people simply have mind probes to allow them to
think : "Meta-X-Meta-F"  ;-)

--
Geoff