[Sussex] Scary PC fry-up

Thomas Adam thomas_adam at bonbon.net
Mon Jun 28 15:19:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:13:34 +0100
Angelo Servini <Angelo.Servini at claybrook.co.uk> wrote:

> On another note I'm now setting up at home to look at C# (both Gentoo
> and Win2k) though I have had no success at getting gentoo to emerge
> Mono and MonoDevelop however.  It keeps saying that it is not
> available (and something about the emerge tree being masked) - though
> the Package database at gentoo says it is available.

Top-posting!!!

Masked packages are there for a reason, usually because it is not ready
to be released to the world. You can circumvent it though, if it is
keyword masked, you can add something like:

base/package ~x86

to, /etc/portage/package.keywords

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Annie Hall leaves New York in the end. Press rewind, and Woody gets her
back again." -- "Look Inside America", Blur.