Why is gnome better? RE: [Sussex] Promoting SLUG

Thomas Adam thomas_adam at bonbon.net
Wed Jun 30 12:41:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:20:52 +0100
Geoff Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com> wrote:

> Eh??  What licensing problem would there be with GNOME?  It's GPL.

That was an ambiguous statement from me. It was a sweeping
generalisation. :)

> I presume mean that the Xfree86 license problem is holding up the next
> Debian release?

No, X.org is not going to be released to Debian. The only major changes
that are taking place is making XFree86 suit the modular tree that X.org
use so that compatability between the two (in the possible eventuality
that a move to X.org does take place) is possible.

What is taking the time for Sarge's release now, is the propogation of
bug fixes of Gnome/GTK to Sarge.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Annie Hall leaves New York in the end. Press rewind, and Woody gets her
back again." -- "Look Inside America", Blur.