[Sussex] "pre-depend" error upgrading to Woody

Thomas Adam thomas_adam16 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 10:30:08 UTC 2004

 --- Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:
> Hi Thomas

Hello, Steve.

> Nive to have company.  I take it you like "bb".  I was one a course some
> years back (for TogetherJ as it happens - a Java UML modeling tool) when
> I showed the trainer (who was also the senior manager) bb.  He pulled
> all
> the Java programmers in from next door to show them what a "real
> program"
> looks like.

Oddly enough 'bb' is something I wrote about in my series in the LG:

http://linuxgazette.net/issue70/adam.html#progbb

As for Java... hmm, I like the syntax, but it is slow. C++ goes a long way
to correcting this, but still has the stigma of not being true OO since it
is merely C with an OO addition to it (so-called hybrid language). The
*real* OO language that I love is ruby.

At University, we use nothing but Java, with a little C in the third year.

> > apt-get -u dist-upgrade && apt-get clean
> >
> > *I* wouldn't want all those packages floating around afterwards....
>
> Disk space is cheap :-)
> I don't run "apt-get clean" as often as I should.

That's ok. Just don't come running to me complaining you can't login
anymore because /var is full and /var/log/wtmp cannot be written to :)

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"