[Sussex] Why doesn't someone .....

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sun Mar 7 14:12:23 UTC 2004

John

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 01:14:42PM -0000, John Crowhurst wrote:

> > ... tell us how to spot zip's with passwords so that we can set up our
> > mail  systems to quarantine them?  P(hil || aul) Turner can have a
> > rest then.
> >
> > Solutions that work with postfix/cyrus/clamd especially welcome!
>
> .... tell us why lug.org allows attachments at all, if most of the users
> are linux users, attachments are not so important.

Hold on a minute.  I might want to attach a copy of my XF86COnfig file
or my Config-2.6.3 file as a starting point for others and to help them
get over the problem.  There is nothing worst (when trying to find a
solution to a config problem), I have found, than finding a web page
says "Here is my config that worked for me", and then finding that the
link is broken.

> When was the last time an attachment was required on this list?

I agree it is not often, but that doesn't meen that they are not
important.