[Sussex] A cheeky request...

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Fri Mar 12 13:20:04 UTC 2004

All,

I'm sitting here at uni enjoying the life of being a student nurse, however I
have one slight issue with my net connection.

The system here is locked down tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm and
as a result I can't send email from my local machine (using webmail to send
this one!) I've asked the sysadmins about a SMTP relay, but they say the don't
have one, so what I'm wondering is this:

fo £15 a year, I can purchase an SMTP server for my domain hosted with
34sp.com, however I can't guarantee this will work, so I was wondering if
someone on the list would be kind enough to provide me with an outside SMTP
server that I can test sending mail and see if it is port 25 that's blocked or
not before buying the SMTP function from 34sp.

I know it's very cheeky, but I thought I'd ask anyways... :p

cheers,

Matt
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace