[Sussex] Its awfully queit .....

Nicholas Butler nik at butlershouse.co.uk
Thu May 20 06:13:02 UTC 2004

Following on form a previous conversation of a while back, i have a
update to niks mad mail systems should not deliver files controversy..

We have a customer whom has asked up to build a FTP server to enable
them to place files on the server to enable external recipients to
collect them. It seems they are aware of the issues and problems in
delivering files as attachments to emails. I wonder if this will be the
start o the ball rolling away from file attachments and back to inline
links to files to download ?

On another topic... LUG meeting Speake[r|rs] for Lug meet ?
and Is anyone planning to attend this

[extract from Debian UK Mailing list  ? ]

Are any Debian people planning to go to this?
10th June - London
17th June - Edinburgh
29th June - Manchester
7th July - Newport
http://www.microsoft.co.uk/events/MsEStdEventDisp.asp?params=fHx8fDB8bXNldmVudHN8MHww&EventID=8061
Cost Free of Charge

 Who should attend

Technical Decision Makers

Description

Hear the facts on Linux and Open Source Software Reams have been written
about Linux and Open Source Software. Some of it true, some of it hype.
We think its about time to open up this debate.
Microsoft would like to invite you to an open and honest technology
seminar about the pros and cons of Microsofts technology platform in
relation to Linux and Open Source. We want to share with you all the
latest information we have, from all sides. In a half day event, which
will include a lively panel discussion as well as views from an
independent analyst, we will be sharing with you different perspectives
surrounding this debate. We want to show you our side of the story, why
we believe Microsoft\u2019s platform of technologies is still the
safest, most cost effective route for many organisations and where we
see the future. At the event you will also be able to listen to and
question a number of IT decision makers who have already been through
the process of looking at Linux and Open Source as a platform for
delivering IT business solutions. This will be a unique opportunity to
question the business and technical experts at Microsoft about some of
the issues you\u2019re currently facing and some of the decisions
you\u2019ll need to make. Windows v Linux \u2013

The Seminar Benefits:
# Understand the open source issues
# Consider the platform issues \u2013 pros and cons
# Question the Platform and Linux technical experts
# Unique opportunity
# Decision making