[Sussex] Its awfully queit .....

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu May 20 08:12:57 UTC 2004

Morning Steve

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 08:24:44AM +0000, Steve Williams wrote:
> On Thursday 20 May 2004 06:30, Steve Dobson wrote:
> > For those of you not on the Debian-UK ML it has been noted that the web
> > sites of the guest speakers all run IIS - me thinks that this is just a
> > M$ marketing event.
>
> I think so too - but I get the impression that instead of dishing out the FUD
> M$ are showing signs of suffering from it themselves. 'Bout time too.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  Are you saying that the FUD that
M$ has dished out is now being show us "untrue"?

> > Okay - so it is a free lunch at M$ expense - but is that worth missing
> > my Eurovote on the 10th?  Maybe as there isn't a party that is worthy of
> > my vote.
>
> There's no such thing as a free lunch, is there?

Well, no.  We would have to sit through M$ FUD, and then there is the cost
of getting into London in the first place.

> And surely there's some party that's worthy of your vote - there'll be plenty
> of choice. Go on, exercise your hard-won democratic right. They can't in Iraq
> and lots of other countries. And if you really can't decide who to vote for,
> you could always take some advice - mine - be radical and vote Tory! ;-)

Don't get me wrong - I will be going to my polling station if I can.  But that
does *not* mean any of the candidates are worthy of my vote.  I've talked to
some on line friends about there system.  There is a large body of US voters
that do not vote for the person that best represents them, but for the one
that least offends them.

> > If a number of people are going then I might also go too.  So put me
> > down as a maybe.

Well, anyone else thinking of going?