[Sussex] BIG disks....

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 17:00:51 UTC 2004

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I have (maybe) a requirement to create a single big (a few Tb) "virtual disk".

This will be, for various reasons, based around outboard FireWire2 hard disks, possibly using 1.6Tb drives, but more likely using 1Tb drives.

The question is one of disk management.

In the past, when I've had multiple physical disk drives on a server, I've given each a mount point. What I'm really after is something that functions as a hot-configurable controller, so that I can add extra drives to the pool, and have them function as if they were a single drive....

Possible? Easy? Pointers?

M.