[Sussex] Computer Fair Tomorrow

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Sat Nov 6 12:06:46 UTC 2004

Mark Harrison wrote:

> Now _there's_ a legal minefield waiting to happen.
>
> I am happy to provide you with copies of my photo ID once you have shown me
> a copy of your entry in the Data Protection Register allowing you to keep
> copies.

Since I only keep paper copies and they are only so that _I_ can use them to
refresh my memory if asked about a particular assurance I issued and they
are destroyed after a specified time then the following paragraph from the
Information Commissioners is relevant:

"If none of your processing is carried out on computer there is no
requirement to notify."

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7775 900262  |     0x1B3045CE

  "Waiter, there's no fly in my soup!" -- Kermit the frog