[Sussex] Domain registrar recomendations

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Wed Nov 17 18:50:52 UTC 2004

On 17 Nov 2004, at 18:30, nik wrote:

>> I have a server colocated with BlackCat which works very well, but
>> they have had a few outages over the past few months what with Redbus
>> HEX power outages and the like - and they're not on this list, 3a are
>> :)
>
> Oh , are 3a not hosting there any more then ? I seem to remember
> Designs2web being down at the same time !

Yes, one of our servers was hit by the power outage problems, but we
have resilience with our machines located in MER (Meridian Gate) and
THE (Telehouse East).

The main issue with Black Cat was the transit issues surrounding their
interconnects with xchangepoint and easynet (if I recall) and the fact
that their routers had issues and didn't come back when the power in
HEX bounced (all Black Cat's core routing is done at HEX).

They're a good supplier though, excellent customer services, and I
wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for home user/budget hosting
accounts.

They are, however, not a member of the sussex linux user group...
aren't we supposed to look after our own? ;)

Jon