[Sussex] Gentoo installation saga.

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Nov 21 14:53:23 UTC 2004

OK, previously mentioned "emerge --update --deep world" has come to a
grinding halt. It wants me to download a file from Sun (a zipped java docs
file) directly, then move it to, bugger I've forgotten where. Somewhere in
the portage files.

Is there any way of doing that without a GUI (other than I'm emergeing
links to see if I can work it out that way) ?

Sorry if that question seems a little banal, but I really have no idea how
that would "normally" be accomplished by a CLI nutter :-P ?

regards

John D.