[Sussex] Gentoo installation saga.

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Nov 21 22:08:28 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:43:13 +0000, Stephen Williams
<sdp.williams at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 14:56 +0000, John D. wrote:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

It was actually the j2se-1_4_1-07/doc.zip file that it wanted me to up
into the portage/distfiles.

Even I don't quite follow why, because although it id's as a doc.zip file,
it must have most of the standard java in it, it's 32megs , and as soon as
I'm managed to get it and copy it across (no mean feat for me, as I've
never actually used links or any other text browser before) because it
just carried on unpacking, installing and configuring it.

Ha, judging from the link you sent Steve, i'm guessing that there'll be a
java upgrade/update in those 244 update packages somewhere!

Still, all I can say, is British Rail! I'll get there eventually :-))

regards

John D.