[Sussex] A weird folder in Evolution!

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Nov 28 20:48:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 22:49 +0000, John D. wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 22:28 +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
>
> > If it says it is not empty, then it isn't. I suspect the reason why you
> > think it is, is because you used "ls" rather than "ls -a". If you want
> > to remove it:
> >
> > rm -fr ./1100639799.1846.6pHtW:2
> >
> > If you ask me, it looks like a hash number of some kind -- but as I
> > don't use evolution, I cannot verify that.
> >
> bash-2.05b# rm - fr ./1100639799.1846.6pHtW:2,s
> rm: cannot remove `-': No such file or directory
> rm: cannot remove `fr': No such file or directory
> rm: cannot remove `./1100639799.1846.6pHtW:2,s': No such file or
> directory
> bash-2.05b#
>
> Which is rather strange, as it "appears" to be staring me in the face.
> Also, I can move it around the different folders i.e. drafts, sent,
> outbox, but I can't move it to either "junk" or "trash".
>
> It's as if there's something special about it?

Also, further to this, during my meddling yesterday, there was a period
when I couldn't get into my user account, so while in the root account,
I configured evolution there as well - and the root version of evo,
hasn't got this strangely numbered folder. I also tried emerge unmerge
evolution, to see if that got rid of it, but that didn't make any
difference either.

So the folder only seems to be present in the evo' that opens into the
user account, would anyone know where I'd find the users config file
please ?

regards

John D.