[Sussex] X Server problems

Paul Baines paul.baines at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 14:08:48 UTC 2004

Does anybody know a Debian package for auto-detecting the graphics
card in my machine (to save me opening it up)? I've been having
problems getting my X dispays running properly on a Dell Optiplex
GX50, I think it is because my XFree86 version is a bit old & doesn't
incorporate support for the Intel i810 chipset that I (think) my PC
has... So what would any of you experts suggest? Do I just do
"#apt-get install xfree86-base" and update to a newer version that may
support my (suspected) chipset or do something else?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Paul Baines.