[Sussex] Changing the Website

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sat Oct 23 15:00:47 UTC 2004

Paul

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 08:51:39AM +0100, Paul Graydon wrote:
> Hmmm... Have you ever tried using a package called Mambo?
> www.mamboserver.com
> *shrug* its worth a look at as a CMS, certainly one of my preferences for
> useage.

I didn't remember it until I hit their site.  I like their site, and
they have an open system (one you can log in as an admin and play with).

So I had little look around and my first impressions are that Geeklog is
more feature rich, but there one or two things I saw that I would like
to figure out better in Geeklog.

I have now fixed the problems I did have with Geeklog.  A new version has
just be released (1.3.10rc1) which I have hacked to do want I want.

I will have to submit the patch back to the Geeklog guys before I put
this code on the net for you all to play with.  First I want to finish
developing a plane XHTML theme.  I've got most of the standard page
working, all I need to do now is all the admin stuff - the lion's
share :-(