[Sussex] Re: Call for talkers

Gavin Stevens gavin.stevens at kontron.com
Fri Sep 17 12:56:00 UTC 2004

I'm not sure if this will work or not (I'm at work with a few minutes of
lunchtime left).

I'm interested in hearing about most things to do with using Linux. One
thing that would be useful for me is to learn more about CUPS. I currently
use a laser printer, but if I want to get a colour printer at some point in
the future, then I will have to know about CUPS.

To balance that, I would be happy, in time, to talk about moving from
Windows to Linux from the perspective of a "Joe User", which for all my
interest in computers, I still am. This is assuming that the group would
ever have enough "Joe Users" to make such a talk worthwhile. On the other
hand, It occurs to me that such a presentation could subsequently be put on
the www or printed for use should the group venture to a computer fair.

Gavin.