[Sussex] Router

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Sep 22 21:14:36 UTC 2004

Alan

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 10:59:10AM +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> Now those are seriously cute. Only problem I have is again it can't
> easily have extra stuff installed because it'd run out of space on the
> CF card, and anything that does a lot of IO would wear the card out
> quickly.

There are two simple solutions:

If you want more disk space run the thing diskless (NFS root partions)
this gives plenty of space and no lifing of the CF card.

Alt, if the system is only there as a firewall/bridge/router running off
a CF card then mount the root file system RO.  This is the better option
as you are not dependant on the NFS server.  Also, you stated that your
firewall/bridge/router so "doing nothing else".

Steve D