[Sussex] Linux mobile phones!

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 09:42:18 UTC 2005

 From: John D. [mailto:john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk]
 Subject: [Sussex] Linux mobile phones!

> Last night, Richie mentioned the apparent lack of linux based mobile
> phones.
>
> I mentioned that I understood that these are already available, but
not
> in Europe. So I dug out this link
>
> http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS4504156025.html
>
> Is this what you meant Richie? or did I misunderstand the exact type
of
> phone (and/or pda/phone) that you were refering to ???
>
> only because of some of the dates in the link, and how long some of
> these devices seem to have been available in the "far east"!

I'm butting in a bit here but its on the same subject, I recently got a
new phone that features one the latest version of Symbian OS, I'm sure
it could probably handle Linux but I don't get that choice.

Anyone know how different Symbian is to linux for phones. I looked at
the development tools for Symbian but tbh one of the main ones is a
Borland package that looks a complete mess.

Regards
Gareth Ablett