[Sussex] M A N D R I V A

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Thu Apr 7 23:59:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 22:30 +0100, David Chapman wrote:
> Yes
> That's the new name for Mandrakesoft+Conectiva
>
> http://www.mandriva.com/company/press/pr?n=/pr/corporate/2551

I can't say that I'm a fan of either distribution, but that name sounds
like one that could sink them. Maybe it'll grow on me, but it really
sounds inconsequential - makes me immediately think "Man Drivel"
whatever that means or could mean.

That said, when I was working for IBM and they came up with a new brand
name for our site (which later became the company brand for the
management buyout) the first outside comment I heard was after a
customer was advised about it as they walked through the foyer - "sounds
like a cure for hemorrhoids" they said! That name has grown on me, but
it may just be the numbing of familiarity!

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/